Pests owing to their size can enter into just about any property without much effort. Besides, camping in properties, they breed rapidly thus increasing their colonies. This spells huge trouble for the property owner. Pests expose the family members, workers, staff and other parties on the property to diseases and disorders. Using pesticides simply in an attempt to kill off the pests does not work every time. Besides, pesticides are dangerous for your loved ones, infants and pets in the family.
Nevertheless, pest control service providers provide a great deal of respite from a number of pests. Opting for Pest control Brisbane services for your property is a worthy investment when you have a house or workplace ridden with pests. Eco-friendly pest control solutions are the newest techniques that can help you get rid of pests in a humane way. Read this blog to know more about eco-friendly pest control options.
How Eco-Friendly Pest Control Works:
Eco-friendly pest control consists of the following categories:
- Natural Repellents – Essential oils mixed with water can be used as a natural repellent for repelling bugs, bees, ants and other pest varieties from your property. Spraying hot pepper spray on areas frequented by pests is also a useful pest repellent. Applying solutions made out of crushed herbs and water can also be used to keep pests away from your property.
- Mechanical Traps – There are a number of mechanical traps designed for catching pests such as rodents, possums, and mice. Besides, pheromone traps also can be used for trapping moths, yellow jackets and cockroaches. Sticky traps are also another option to catch rats, spiders, flies and cockroaches.
- Biological Control – Biological control consists of releasing a predatory insect in pest-ridden surroundings. The predators work to keep the pest population down.
- Pest proofing –Pest proofing the property is a pest control method from the eco-friendly pest management variety. This method consists of applying fencing or caulking on all the potential entry points used by pests.
- Barriers and screens –Attaching barriers and screens on windows and doors is a good way to keep out ants, bugs, worms, and even pest birds from entering any property. Applying the same on your garden bed is also useful in keeping rodents, possums, and birds at bay.
Benefits of Eco-Friendly Pest Control in Brisbane:
- Safe for People and Pets– The products and application methods that consist of used in this kind of pest control are safe for people as well as pets. They do not trigger any allergies or health concerns as such in humans and pets which makes them safer for use. Besides, there are many health risks including cancer, birth defects, blood disorders etc. associated with the usage of chemical pest control.
- Environmentally Friendly– Consequently, eco-friendly pest control solutions do not harm the environment in any way. Chemicals and pesticides used for pest control can seep into the earth which can spoil the soil and the ecosystem. The plants in your yard and birds frequenting your garden may also suffer due to the ill effects of chemicals. This is not the case when you opt for eco-friendly alternatives as they are organic and better.
- Long-Term Solutions– Pests are less likely to develop immunity towards eco-friendly pest control products. As opposed to chemical products, pests are likelier to develop resistance towards them after a certain period of time. Hence, eco-friendly pest control offers longer-term solutions for pest issues.
- Safeguarding of non-target species –Chemical pesticides can harm the birds and other beneficial bugs and worms in the soil. Eco-Friendly Pest Control Brisbane will not harm these species as the products used in this type of pest control are non-hazardous.
Eco-Friendly Pest Control vs. Traditional Pest Control:
- Chemical-Based Pest Control– Traditional pest control makes use of chemicals in frugal forms for eliminating the pest. While eco-friendly pest control strives to steer clear of chemicals altogether. Unconventional means include repellants, traps, natural predators and improved hygiene practices for preventing pests from growing.
- Environmental Impact– Normally, the environmental impact of eco-friendly pest control is the lowest. There is no harm that can happen to the surroundings or the beings in it by way of the use of eco-friendly pest control. Whereas, traditional forms of pest control can have an effect on the flora and fauna of the property. The grass and plants wither and new ones may not regrow. The chemicals at times can have harmful effects even on human beings.
- Short-Term Solutions – The traditional pest control type may provide short-term solutions and pests are likelier to return or recur. There is no such possibility when you opt for eco-friendly or natural means of pest control.
- Cost–The costs of eco-friendly pest control products and of traditional pest control may vary depending on the size and type of infestation.
- Prior Preparation– Traditional Pest Control Brisbane may require you to remove or cover out your furniture and other movable items. The eco-friendly form of pest control would not require any such extra preparation.
Frequently Asked Questions about Eco-Friendly Pest Control in Brisbane:
Ques 1. What is eco-friendly pest control?
Ans: Eco-friendly pest control entails the use of natural and unconventional means of pest control for eliminating pests from any property.
Ques 2. Is eco-friendly pest control effective?
Ans: Yes, these pest control methods are effective, safe and reliable.
Ques 3. Is eco-friendly pest control safe for pets and children?
Ans: Yes. Eco-friendly Pest Control Services in Brisbane do not cause any ill effects on pets and children. These products are completely safe for use in properties with pets and children.
Ques 4. How long does eco-friendly pest control take to work?
Ans: It certainly takes a long while to show effect but the results are definitely more long-term as well.
Ques 5. Is eco-friendly pest control more expensive than traditional pest control?
Ans: The cost factors can be different according to the scale of the infestation and a number of other factors. Pest infestations of different varieties demand a different treatment and management approach. Consult a certified and licensed pest controller to have the pest infestation in your property treated and handled professionally.